Natural Stone is collective name for thousands of different types of stone, found and quarried all over the world. The appearance and characteristics of natural stones are determined by the manner in which the stone was formed: by rivers, by volcanoes, by mountains…
Natural stone is divided into several large groups:-
- Marble- A metamorphic rock containing crystallized limestone that has a luxurious surface rich with veining and crystals.
- Granite- An igneous rock, granite is extremely hard and comes in a variety of colors and patterns.
- Limestone- A sedimentary stone that’s smooth and available in whites and neutrals.
- Travertine- Formed in underground rivers and streams, smooth and porous travertine comes in earthy tones.
- Slate- Composed of quartz, chlorite, mica, and calcite, slate is extremely durable and comes in various shades.
These stones, are known to be the best tiling material for both residential and commercial projects. The diversity of stone types, makes it widely used for many interior and exterior purpose.
The natural beauty of stone, it’s texture, it’s colors and it’s patterns can create an impressive and dramatic effect. It can be installed on the floors, walls, or countertop surfaces. The best part is that natural stones are easy to maintain, more sold and very practical compared to other material types.
Categorization of Stone Types
Comparison Chart For Stone Types
- About Us
- Stone Types
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us